Recently in my Belly...

● ...Recently in my Belly... ●

Contact Me

For inquiries, suggestions, comments, or anything else: EDBmary@gmail.com

Sunday, November 10, 2013

[San Francisco] Sotto Mare

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usLocation Review
552 Green Street
San Francisco, California
United States 94133

Website


After what seems like an eternity of a blogging hiatus, I've accumulated quite a couple dining locations that deserve notable mention on my food blog! Where to start, how about all the AWESOME food from along the west coast?!

That's right. A couple months ago I embarked on one of the most highly recommended road trips in North America - the pacific coast highway drive. Not only is a treat on the eyes with its scenic routes, it's a treat for the tummy as well!

My adventure started in San Francisco, which is a haven of seafood. After a convincing recommendation from one of my coworkers, I stopped by Sotto Mare for a light weekday lunch.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sotto Mare

Despite being a weekday, this cozy diner-like restaurant was packed! Luckily we had a reservation so wait times were minimal. Make sure to plan ahead if you want to try this place out!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It's cozy in here!



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Table Bread

Shortly after we are seated, a basket of toasty bread arrives. Kept our rumbling stomachs tied over while we pondered the menu.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Menu

The menu is straight forward, streamlined with only a few options. Makes ordering easy! Seeing as it was a light lunch, we ordered two items, and a Clam/Mussel Steamer, and the Cioppino.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mussel/Clam Steamers ($19) - served in broth

A generous portion cooked mussels and clams. Simple and tasty.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Cioppino Pot

The Cioppino comes in a huge and heavy metal pot and is unlidded in front of you. The menu describes it as sufficient for two, but really, this was enough for three!



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Best Damn Crab Cioppino ($38)-"enough for two"

Let me start by saying that I had no idea what a Cioppino when I walked into the restaurant. But I mean when something is labelled as the "BEST DAMN" anything on the menu, you kinda have to order it. If you are clueless about this San Francisco specialty as I was, in short its a mix both of seafood and pasta goodness. Think a west coast version of a bouillabaisse.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yum :)

Thanks for a satisfying San Francisco meal, Sotto Mare! :)








Sotto Mare on Urbanspoon