Recently in my Belly...

● ...Recently in my Belly... ●

Contact Me

For inquiries, suggestions, comments, or anything else: EDBmary@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

[Event] Chop Steakhouse & Bar Launch

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usLocation Review
801 Dixon Road
Etobicoke, Ontario
(416)674-7500



Last Thursday I was invited by Mr. Brendan Bailey (@BrendanBaileyPR) to Chop Steakhouse & Bar's VIP launch event. I had seen a couple of chop steakhouses while on vacation in Vancouver, so I had some notion of what a huge deal it was to be invited! A sister restaurant of Toronto's more ubiquitous restaurant Moxies, the newest Ontario location of Chop Steakhouse & Bar (@Chop_TOairport) focuses on offering a new dining experience (what they call Fine Casual Dining) to a great steak. Relaxed, unpretentious, while still serving sophisticated culinary plates using the choicest ingredients.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Chop Steakhouse Bar



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Chop Dining Room

The venue has a warm ambience with rich shades of amber and vanilla. The bar (as you will see below) is more modern and chic, while still being a relaxed and welcoming room.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Red Carpet Treatment

The first order of business that happened after we checked in through registration, was have our picture taken. The brief period of repeated flashes gave my boyfriend and I a taste of what it'd be like to be famous! What's that you say? Delicious food and open bar are waiting for me just past these photographers? I could get used to this!



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

#CHOPinTO for Movember

But red carpet or not, the real joy of participating in this particular launch event was the great cause that ran along side it. Yes, it's nice to try out new things from a new restaurant, but I really appreciated how Chop used this as an opportunity to raise funds and support Movember initiatives as well. You can bet I donated my fair share by using the #CHOPinTO hashtag all night! :)



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I wonder if I made it on-air? :)



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Peroni Beer

So into the bar we went. Where a long table of peroni beer was waiting for us. This just so happens to be one of my more preferred beer choices, so I didn't shy from accepting one when it was offered to me.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Chop Bar
Photo Creds: Dave Starett Photography

I must mention that the bar was absolutely beautiful. I couldn't take my eyes away from the brightly lit bottles of Finlandia vodka bottles that lined the back wall, and the notable selection of wine bottles that accompanied it on the side. Big compliments to Finer Events who dressed this venue to make it even more beautiful. The center pieces on each table, decorations around the bar, and even the red carpet-esque entrance, was all carefully arranged. Really nicely done! :)



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Bar Area



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thanks for the drinks Ms. & Mr. Bartender!



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A showcase of wines

My boyfriend enjoyed the company of Peroni all night, but I on the other hand took advantage of the drink variety. They were serving a wide selection of reds and whites, and I was recommended the Ghost Pines Merlot. Easy drinking and not too acidic.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Chop kitchen hard at work

Okay, so up to this point its safe to say we thoroughly explored our drink options (it was a long day at work!!), on to fill our bellies with substance.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Crab & Shrimp Cakes - crab and hand chopped shrimp with coconut, cilantro and a touch of chipotle, presented on basil aioli with fresh lemon

Chef Michael Nezny really spoiled us by greeting and personally serving all guests with hors d'oeuvres. Maybe it was his sincerity, but these Crab & Shrimp Cakestasted extra delicious! The basi aioli with a hint of lemon to highlighted the seafood freshness just enough.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Bruchetta



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Steak Bites - marinated bites of steak served with sweet dijon barbeque dip and horseradish aioli

I have this mindset that "You don't go to kfc and not order chicken". By the same logic, I couldn't leave Chop Steakhouse Bar without trying their steak. Its probably no surprise my favorite item of the night would be the Steak Bites. Bite sizes pieces steak that weren't over garnished. I could just eat 10 of these!



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Iceberg Wedge Salad - Chop’s version of a garden salad with your choice of house dressing,ranch or blue cheese

I had the pleasure of seeing Vicky (@momwhoruns) from Mom Who Runs there that night, and she was gracious enough to share her Iceberg Wedge Salad with me. Thanks Vicky! I know how much of a drag it must've been to share, because it was delicious! The blue cheese dressing was a real treat. Very potent with creamy blue cheese with just a hint of acidity from the relish to balance it out. I loved that the salad was served with a chilled fork, which I thought that was a nice touch. You always want your salad to stay as chilled as possible! :)



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Souvenirs

On our way out, while still remincing about the delicious food and a wonderful time that had passed, we were handed a little parting gift each. Two cute little Peroni gift bags with a money clip inside.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Chef Michael Nenzy

Thanks for having us Chef Nenzy!I look forward to more of your culinary creations during a full service meal sometime soon! :)





Chop Steakhouse & Bar on Urbanspoon



*Meal was provided compliments of Chop Steakhouse Bar, with no expectations for a biased review. The opinions expressed here are entirely my own.*