Recently in my Belly...

● ...Recently in my Belly... ●

Contact Me

For inquiries, suggestions, comments, or anything else: EDBmary@gmail.com

Monday, July 11, 2011

[Las Vegas] Bamboo Pool

Review Location:
(Inside the Cosmopolitan Hotel)
3708 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, Nevada
One of  the days while I was in Las Vegas, we spent the entire first half of a day by the pool in the Cosmopolitan Hotel. The Bamboo Pool is a pretty interesting pool, as it's not on the ground floor like most others. It's located on the 14th floor, and is almost like a big balcony. Deep blue swimming pools, palm tress, sunny skies--I wish it didn't have to end!

While at the pool, we bought a cabana which had a minimum spending amount. With this quota we ordered some drinks, and figured we should have lunch while we were at it!

 Bamboo Pool @ Cosmopolitan Hotel

Fish Tacos, Chips &  Salsa, and Mini kobe beef sliders
I'm going to admit I wasn't planning on blogging this meal. But the food ended up surprisingly good despite being served by the pool! The salsa that they serve in the fish tacos and with the chips, had a pretty strong cilantro taste that I'm personally not too fond of. Everyone else didn't seem to mind it though. In my opinion, the best thing in the picture by far is the beef sliders. Usually slider end up being dry and overcooked due to its size. These sliders were so juicy! They were topped with only melty cheddar cheese and a pickle, but it was all that it needed. I didn't even need condiments or sauce to taste good!  At the Bamboo Pool, the plates and utensils that come with the food are all made from a disposable paper material that is made to resemble bamboo wood. It kind of reminded me of those wooden salad bowls!

Fish Tacos
Another closer look at the fish tacos. They tasted good,  but to be honest I couldn't really distinguish what I was eating. The fish was well mixed into the salsa and whatever toppings that they put into it. What I will commend on, is the engineering of this taco. They wrapped a soft pita around the hard shell taco, so that when you bite into it, it doesn't break and explode everywhere! Genius.

Because I wasn't intending on blogging this "meal", I didn't take down prices, but I do remember that it wasn't cheap. But then again, I'm sure when you're in Vegas, lying in a cabana by a pool, you're willing to splurge just a little more.

Bamboo Pool on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment